Kids and adults alike are spending more and more time on social networks, and it’s important to stay up-to-date on any accompanying services that can be used in with the various social networks that are consistently increasing in popularity.
For new members of the Avira Social Network Protection community, we have some reasons for why staying protected, safe and secure on social networks is not only awesome, but also very important in the ever-growing world of social networks and online communities.
Check out the reasons we’ve shared below and add your own suggestions in our Comments section:
- It will help to maintain a positive online reputation – by keeping tabs on social networking activities, you can make sure you aren’t interacting with any suspicious friends who could damage your online reputation. You also have a better understanding of whether or not you are posting or receiving content that could be harmful to your reputation.
- Parents are only alerted of suspicious activity – parents won’t see every single thing that goes on within social networks, only the posts, photos and other content that could be risky or suspicious. This ensures a level of privacy between parents and kids alike.
- Kids and parents can remain “unfriended” – kids and parents don’t have to be friends to successfully use Social Network Protection. This is separate community outside of other social networks.
- It won’t show up in news feeds – just as kids and parents don’t have to friend each other, there will also be no posts – public or private – that show up in anyone’s social news feeds. Social Network Protection is big on promoting users’ privacy and online safety, so it won’t intrude on privacy itself.
- There is always the ability to opt out – kids not only have the ability to opt out of our service (include link here with steps?), but they can also remove any past activities from their social network that might be alerted on. And in keeping with the idea of privacy and monitoring from a respectful distance, kids will always see the same report that parents see so that they, too, can better keep tabs on general social networking behaviors and activities, and have the ability to look deeper into certain alerts if necessary.
We’re excited to welcome so many new members into this community, and further promote positive online reputation, safety and privacy.